Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Little Navajo--32 Weeks

How Far Along: 32 Weeks

Size: Ryan is likely a little over 17 inches long and a bit more than 3.75 lbs--apparently the size of a large jicama.

Gender: It's a boy--Ryan Christopher!

Movement: I feel him move and I watch him move.  This week at small group, he was letting himself drift until he could push off my left hip with his feet and then he was ramming his head into the right side of my torso.

Sleep: JaketheSnake readjusted my shoulders and I slept gloriously last night.  Favorite also let me sleep in this weekend which was pretty nice.

Maternity Clothes: I wear them most days.

Symptoms: This week?  Swelling in my ankles. 

I've spent most of this pregnancy carefully considering my food options and exercising *fairly* regularly.  It doesn't mean I've never induldged or my exercise is super consistent.  I'm a human being, after all.

But I can tell you after last week's headlong jump into sitting and eating little more than sugary breakfast cereal, there's something to the advice of doctors.  Keep in mind I'm to the stage where a little swelling is to be expected--especially after a day of no sitting.

But people who use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever, whenever and lay around constantly?  I can't imagine 1. how they feel or 2. what the swelling in their limbs looks like.  It took three days of readjusting my eating habits and alternating between sitting and walking regularly, but the swelling is gone and hasn't returned and I'm less sluggish than I have been for the last week.

Just a short testimonial regarding the advice of doctors.

Aversions: Chicken. Mostly.  It's not so bad if it's shredded or pounded thin, but regular chicken breasts?  Blech.

Cravings: Milk.  Peanut butter.  Greek yogurt.

What I miss: I'm so grateful to be pregnant. I can't think of one thing I should be missing.

Feeling toward pregnancy: My normally awesome and lovely coworkers decided to share some information about pregnancy I previously didn't know.  (In their defense, it's probably good information for me to have.)

So while I'm all "Squeee!  I'm having a baby!"  I am now simultaneously, "ACK!  I'm having a baby!"  And when labor strikes, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be "ACK...ACK...ACK..."  Or that's what I've gathered based on their description.

Best Moment this week: Favorite thinks it's funny that he can talk to Ryan and Ryan responds by punching Mommy.  Hard.

And while most women would be insulted by this declaration, Favorite also told me "You're starting to walk like a pregnant woman."  Frankly, it made me smile.

What I'm looking forward to: I'll be pretty grateful when I can finish some "official business" stuff so I can get down to the business of relaxing and expecting a baby.  Next week is our first baby shower and the week after Favorite and I will be taking maternity photos with a friend of mine. 

(SO EXCITED!)

1 comment:

Established: 2008 said...

Looking great! I'm starting to get punches that hurt! These kiddos are getting strong!