Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Holding Out for a Hero

While working on a project for grad school, I had a revelation:  why don't I spend any time focusing on a Hero Unit for my sophomores?  We could do some really cool stuff. 

We could compare some really cool movies to classic literature.  I would finally be able to justify introducing a new generation to Star Wars and requiring classes to watch The Lion King!

Fortunately, I think this project has given me just enough motivation to begin developing those requirements.

And I know exactly where I'll start...

1 comment:

Established: 2008 said...

What a cool lesson. When I was in high school, we did something on the hero cycle where we got to pick ANY hero we wanted. I remember really enjoying how many choices we were allowed to make. I think this is very similar to that in an awesome way.