Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

Today is pregnancy and infant loss awareness day.  It's difficult to articulate how a loss changes life and even more difficult to state how keenly aware I am of that loss in light of our current miracle.  On one hand, the joy of this child doesn't cancel the possibility of the first; however, my grief is tempered with a strong sense of hope and joy--things that were absent in the two years since we said goodbye.

The knowledge of both experiences makes me unabashedly grateful for where Favorite and I are, but breaks my heart for those still waiting, hoping and grieving. 

For more information on October 15th or how to comfort a grieving family, click here.

But above all things, remember.  It's the best gift anyone can give to someone who has lost.

"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5, NIV).

No comments: