Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waiting for the Dam

The worst.thing.ever happened to me this afternoon:  I ran out of words. 

I was staring at a computer screen, attempting to write a letter to the women who will be participating in the Nehemiah study at my church, and I realized I had nothing to say.  Nada. 

I reasoned my lack of verbosity was due to finishing a guest post for another blogger earlier in the day, but then I realized I had been working on that post for more than two weeks. 

This?  Is the verbal Sahara.  And it's crazy because I have all of these ideas that need a little flesh on their bones.

I don't think this is a permanent place--just somewhere I'm going to navigate while I spend a little time listening for God's voice.  Also?  I'll be logging time here just to keep myself in the practice of writing.

Hopefully, I'll be able to put the proverbial pen to paper on some of those other topics in the near future. 

Personally, I'm praying the dam holding the loquaciousness will break.  Soon.

No comments: