Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fat Tuesday 5/15/2012


This week's goal:  -2 lbs
This week's loss:  -2.2 lbs
Total loss:  -5 lbs

Reflection:
I continue to track during the week and fail to track on the weekend.  So far, it's a pattern that has worked for me because I continue to do a quick evaluation on the food that hits my plate.

Surprisingly, I haven't really deprived myself--particularly when it comes to carbs.  I'm just learning to practice a little moderation.  (What a novel concept, right?!)  I even ate pasta with my mom one afternoon and pancakes the next day at breakfast.  I just coupled those meals with a large salad and bacon and eggs respectively.  That way, my meal was rounded with protein and fat--not just endless amounts of sugar.  I also really limited my portions.  I ate about half my pancakes and only half of the pasta portion given.  Honestly, those half portions were more than enough.  Restaurants are really generous when it comes to portion sizes.

Still no exercise, but, as promised, Courtney and I will be trekking all over town starting this afternoon.  We'll see how that affects next week's weigh-in.

Next week's goal?  Two pounds.


20 sticks of butter down...a grocery store's worth to go.

3 comments:

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Yay for meeting goals! I think moderation is even harder than deprivation. It's easier for me to eat NO cookies than one so I'm impressed with you!

Christina said...

Way to go! And when you put it in the butter terms...ugh. :) It puts the pounds into perspective!! I think it is amazing and great that you have lost the weight without exercising. I sure feel better each day having exercised. It definitely helps me feel perkier. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth (fingers, whatever)...it's like I don't even know myself. I'm sure my husband is scratching his head. :)

Taylor said...

Yeah, you! Good job on the 5 pounds, that is awesome!