Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Day in the Life

Antihistamines and decongestants are awesome medicines.  They help clear up allergies and save a lot of people a lot of distress, but they make me act drunk.

So when my allergies get ridiculously bad, I have two options:
1.  Take the medicine and know that I will be out of commission for a minimum of 20 hours.
2.  Don't take the medicine and take my chances with the pollen.

So work?  Was a no-go today.  (I tried number two first and then defaulted to number one.)  And mostly, that got me to thinking about how much I lack when it comes to being a farm wife.

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get up at 5 am, cook a huge breakfast, do all the laundry, keep my pantry/fridge stocked and knit all the farm hands their own underwear.  Isn't that what Ree does on a daily basis?  (Sure, if you add homeschooling, taking amazing photographs and cooking three more meals to that schedule...and all looking gorgeous, younger than she is and happy.)

But who can fill this space on the couch beside a furry, little (questionably) shih tzu who demands attention?

My old, sick butt.

Aren't you jealous?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! I remember I suffered so badly with allergies when I was 16. But my doctor said I was taking my antihistamines at the wrong time. I was taking them every morning but he said to take them before bed. When I did that my allergy side effects were so much better!!!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I am TOTALLY jealous. I have a ny-quil hangover myself today and would LOVE to be on the couch.