Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Single Guy Blake


This is Blake in his element.  He's 20, single and one of the best singers I've ever heard.  (And I don't mean best amateur--I mean one of the best.  Period.)  I met Blake when he was a rascally 3 three year old.  We reacquainted ourselves when he was a senior in high school, and now he spends a lot of time with my family because he my cousin's best friend.

Blake is a strong Christian, and one of the funniest guys I know.  He laughs easily, acclimates himself to any and all situations and is a generally amiable personality.

He's been a fun addition to our family gatherings, because he randomly breaks into song.  If you sing with him, be prepared for him to switch parts a hundred different times.  (One time, I moved down to alto so he started singing the melody--in falsetto!)  He and my cousin, Jake, sing quite well together; their harmony never gets old.

In his own words, Blake is looking for this type of girl:

"She has got to have a personal relationship with Jesus, after that its pretty much just finding out if we are eye to eye. Jesus is number one in my life and must be in hers, too." 
Blake is not your run-of-the-mill guy.  He says, "I am probably most known for my sense of humor, but I try to be very thoughtful, kind, and sweet.  I really like/enjoy loving people and doing nice things for them. I am very unique and confident in standing out from the crowd."

If you just want to date, though, Blake isn't your guy.  He believes the dating/courting relationship is for the purpose of finding his wife.  He's not going to play the dating game and break your heart.  It's not his M.O.  Other deal breakers?  Women who don't dress modestly, women who aren't growing in their relationships with Christ, women who aren't encouraging and smokers need not apply.


Otherwise, I believe you'd be pretty blessed to spend time with this guy.  If you are interested in contacting Blake, shoot me an email:  cryshsmn@aol.com.



7 comments:

Nicole said...

I just wanted to cheer on Blake in his decision to not follow the typical pattern of dating! It's a big encouragement to me when I hear of guys who are making that a priority!

Suze said...

Emailed you :)

Elizabeth Mary said...

Seems like a good catch, too bad I'm in MN!

CaseyRhea said...

He is a great dancer too. You forgot that, Chrys!

Amanda said...

http://simplylovincountry.blogspot.com/

Sounds like an awesome guy! I hope a comment works instead of an email :)
My email is on my blog page.

Amanda

Jaime said...

If I was only 15yrs younger (or at LEAST closer than that in age)!!

Blake is adorable and I am very impressed at his stands/desires for a future wife & how to go about it.

May God bless him with the desire of his heart.

~Jaime

Hannah, Here! said...

Sounds like an awesome guy! My blog is talesfromatimeout.blogspot.com and my email address is talesfromatimeout@gmail.com