Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MidWeek Confessions--1/11/12


*  Weight Watchers is...easier this time around?  (You know, for the whole two days I've stayed on it.)  I think maybe because I'm committed to cooking and it isn't about getting as much food for as few points as possible.  I don't really much worry about those points except to stay in the limit I've been given for the day.  If I eat something for lunch, I just track it.  If I only have 10 points left for supper, I do try to keep portion sizes small.  But I've found I'm less hungry in the evenings so it isn't as big of a deal.

*  Tonight?  Lentil Stew with Cornbread Dumplings.  It's a crockpot recipe, so I have little prep.  (BigAl, I'm sending the recipe tonight! I want to try it first so I can tell you what I think.)

*  Cooking every evening was a bit ambitious for a couple of reasons.  1.  My fridge was overflowing with leftovers.  I was taking them for lunch and Favorite was eating, but we still couldn't keep up.  2.  I don't get home until 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so cooking on Tuesday nights may not happen.

*  I love my classes this year.  LoveThem.  They want to talk about what we're doing, and I think conversation is the best way to learn, so I'm happy to comply.  Mostly, I just enjoy their personalities.  (Even when they tell me I'm old.  Or I'm letting myself go.  Or my makeup could use some work.)

*  I'm the worst laundry lady ever.  Ever.

*  Sometimes, even when I've committed to saying as little as possible about an issue, I end up running my mouth.  It doesn't help.  It makes others view me in a bad light, and it makes me less than happy with myself.  Most of the time, I talk out of frustration.  But I hate that I can't just close my mouth when I'm frustrated.

*  I broke my resolution to watch my mouth a couple of times this week.  But most notably?  This morning...when an 8-point buck was standing 4 feet from my car as I drove by and I didn't see him until I didn't have time to stop.  First I said it.  Then I had to keep myself from doing it.

Join MidWeek Confessions by clicking the above button.  And if you're interested, let me know what it is you want.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your resolution about watching what your mouth made me laugh. We've all been there!

New follower :)

Mamarazzi said...

laundry is my favorite chore. i do a load or two everyday...most of the work is done by the machines.

great confessions! i want you to invite you come grab a button and link them up for Friday Confessional on my blog, it's a great way to meet more fabulous bloggers!!