Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

#BlogFail

My last several posts have been about food.  Remember when I wasn't so boring?

I've always been this boring?  #blogfail

I would commit to doing better, but I seem to have little to talk about these days.  My life is surrounded by food and laundry and church and students.  And while each of those things is amusing in its own right, it makes for less than hilarious blog reading if I can't relay said hilariousness.  Instead, there shall be lists.

1.  Lentil stew=epic fail.  It was gross.  Won't be making that mistake again.

2.  I went to a church focus meeting last Saturday with my mom and my aunt, and I'm impressed at the number of people who are determined to live Christianity authentically.  (You know, scabs and all.)  I learned that most of the people from this church are recent additions, like myself, and really just want to live Jesus.  I've struggled with that concept my whole life, because when you come from a fairly legalistic background, it's difficult to wrap your mind around freedom.  I've known Galatians 5:1 for years, but the actual concept of freedom is difficult to articulate and even more difficult to enact.  But now?  Now I'm surrounded by a group of people who are willing to wrestle with it.  Struggle with it.  Turn it on its side and look at it from a different angle.  It seems few of them are concerned with form, and almost every one of them desires function.  It makes me want to see people--really see them.  I think that's when they become interested in Jesus--when they know they are seen.

3.  I opted not to join other members of the congregation for a fast this month.  For me, it wouldn't have been about sacrifice and spiritual focus.  It would have been weight loss.  Plain and simple.  And I don't want to cheapen it.

4.  I love my 7th hour.  Love.  They have been my favorite class since the beginning of the year.  However, recent events are throwing a wrench into the works.  Today?  It was wretched.  Absolutely and totally wretched.  Now, Tuesday will consist of a sincere talk with the entire class so I can hopefully recover the awesome dynamic from last semester.

Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

CaseyRhea said...

Ummmm I was worked about that lentil stuff. Lentils are gross, that's the reason you will never, and I mean NEVER see a recipe that includes lentils on my blog! I don't care how healthy it is. BLEH!