Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Desperate Plea

In two weeks, I will no longer have to attend my class.  In two weeks, I will be required to hand in a twenty-five page research paper supported with ten to fifteen resources.  In two weeks, I will hopefully stop hyperventilating and relax to enjoy the holidays.

But there are still two weeks.

They are going to be the longest and the shortest two weeks of my life.  Long because I have to write this paper, and short because I have to write this paper.  Anyone trackin'?

I know some of you may think this is silly, but I could use a few prayers over the next two weeks.  I have no idea how I'm going to write a worthwhile paper.  I have a topic, but the last five resources I've read have proven to be worthless to my topic.  So now, I'm scouring JSTOR for anything that will explain the concept of Narratology and attempting to determine how to teach high school students holocaust literature while making them aware of the fact that the very literature they read actually remembers and eliminates the event.  While I'm at it, I probably need to address the latent nature of trauma.

And while all of that sounds really high-minded, let me assure you:  I have no idea what I'm doing.  If this paper gets written, it will be by the grace of God alone.  So if you get some time, would you pray for me?  Or pray that God would send some resources and some good paper ideas my way?  I could certainly use some divine intervention.

3 comments:

Armanda said...

You got my prayers.

Bev said...

Prayers for you!

Marla said...

Praying! Love you! Take a deep breath and do the next step! :-)
Marla