Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hey, At Least It's a Post

Since English II is watching Hotel Rwanda, I spent several hours grading papers today.  And grading papers.  And grading papers.  And grading more papers.  I have a few stacks to go, but there's no shame in taking a break this evening when I spent so much time working earlier today?

You answer, and I'll pretend your answer counts.

Until then, it's 6pm and I'm contemplating laying in bed and reading until it's time to go to sleep.  And before you mention it, yes, I realize my life took a wrong turn somewhere. 

I came home and ate comfort food (even though I know better) for no better reason than I felt like it.  I probably should've screamed I do what I want while I was in the process of eating, but that would only give the dog and ulcer and he's about to go stark raving mad over the deer who insist on walking through my back yard.  Which reminds me:  it's the little things, isn't it?

It's getting cold outside.  I ordered a new winter coat.  I spent a long time debating whether or not I was going to buy the black coat.  Black is classy.  It's slimming.  It goes with almost everything so there's no worry about a fashion faux pas. (Unless you wear brown.  I don't.)

But then I realized I needed a little more red in my life.  I need a little bright and cheerful.  I need a little less black.  Forget matching everything.  How about a little spice?  So I did it.  I ordered a red coat.  And now I await its arrival.  Because life is a waiting game, ladies and gentlemen.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love coats....and probably have too many..but could totally use a red one:)