Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Bit of a Restart

I don't know how I moved from posting something every day to posting something once every two weeks or so.  I guess time has gotten away from me, but, oddly enough, I've felt every second tick by.  These last few weeks have been full weeks--not in a hectic-I'm-complaining-because-I-don't-have-enough-time way.  I've just had a few events a more considerations on my plate.

  • First of all, my brother married Sheena...then they moved.  And while I have lots of fantastic things to say about their wedding (meaning I may post pictures sometime before I die), I was terribly sorry to see them leave.  It's possible to love people and be so grateful for what will very well become an epoch in their live together while mourning what will no longer be.  And that's where I am.  I miss them.  I'm so grateful for what is, and I would never want to rewind for multiple reasons, but I can't lie about the fact that I miss the way things were 5 years ago.  It's a new stage--one that's going to require me to get out of my house from time to time, because Kate is still here, and I can't see her if I hole up in my living room every night.

  • My professor told me I wasn't stupid.  Ok...that's not exactly how it went down, but I did preview the information for my presentation on Tuesday and he told me he was pleased.  I'll take it.  I'm no genius, and I'm well aware of my deficiencies in this class.  So if he's pleased, I'm ecstatic.

  • I'm so far behind on grading, I may never see the light of day again.  How do I forget every year how hectic fall semester is?  Why did I believe adding a grad class would be a good idea?  How am I SO far behind?!  Despite those questions, I'm loving this school year.  LOVING.  IT.  My students are open, honest and fun.  They are a reminder of everything that is great about education.  Sure, they occasionally forget things or blow off work.  I'm just speaking from an overall point of view.
And that's all I have for an update.  I'm not sure if I'll get better at this whole blogging things in the next week, but I'm going to make an honest effort to try.  In the meantime, pray for me.  Favorite and I are still looking for a church home, and we'd appreciate all of the encouragement you could give us.  I'm ready to put this particular journey to rest.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yes, I am still here. However, I am always available to hole up in your living room with you. You do have the big TV. :)

Big Bro said...

Yay! A Life in Ordinary is back. How else am I suppose to keep track of Southern Illinois from Ohio? Love you, Sis.