Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday: My Wish 2011

Generally, I am very aware of the fact that my birthday approaches.  I have no excuses.  I am a birthista.  (Yes, my birthday does require the creation of new words simply to honor my day.)

But this year, I lost track.  I was reminded by a coworker (Hi, Julie!) that my birthday is on Monday.  I stared blankly and then realized that I've lost a week at some point this month.  Granted, my mind is on other things--like why SugarBean thinks the phrase is "For complete's sakes" instead of "Pete's sake."

At any rate, I thought I would offer a this-would-be-nice-to-have list for the masses with the thought in mind that I need nothing.  I have been greatly blessed this year.  Not only did Favorite and I build a house, God has blessed us with the means to furnish most of the rooms. 

But because I enjoy Big Mama's forays into fashion wants, I thought I'd provide my own list of pictures.

First of all, I've asked my Favorite for a new camera.  I won't post a picture of that, but I'm hoping it will come in handy in the future. 


source
I'm interested in starting this series.  I usually just ask for box sets because I can watch when I want.  Unfortunately, that means that I don't always get around to it in a good time period.  This is totally why I watched the first season of Army Wives and then never finished the second season--even though I borrowed it about two years ago.  According to my mom, though, this is a series worth watching.  Keep in mind, I would also be extremely excited over any of the DuckTales series (because I'm weird like that) even though it in no way relates to this particular series.

source
I read the first book in this series, so I'm definitely interested in picking up the second one.  I like Rick Riordan and I try to keep up on things my students my be interested in.  Since I've already read The Hunger Games, I'm going to try to keep up on this series.  Unfortunately, I think I've bought every other book I'm interested in reading at this point.  I really need to expand my list.  That may require suggestions from all of you.
Recently, I've really gotten into accessorizing my outfits.  It's more fun that buying clothes, because there are few sizing options in jewelry; plus, most jewelry is multipurpose.  I'm a pretty big fan of the Decree line from JCPenney--like this little guy:

source
Of course, I also love purses and bags.  I can't help it.  Consider it an illness.

Beyond these things, I love gift cards (Kohl's, Old Navy, Macy's and Barnes and Noble).  And, as per usual, I'm mostly looking forward to hanging out at Mom and Dad's for the day and lounging in the pool--provided the weather finally works in our favor.

I hope that helps.  If not, bring your smiling face and enjoy the water.  I'd like to turn 31 surrounded by people I love.


No comments: