Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge 5/4



1.  Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Do you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray?


Breakfast?  No.  My Favorite knows me well and I am notorious for spilling stuff all over myself.  And who wants to wash sheets because she got breakfast in bed?  Not this girl.

2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother?

On the days when you haven't slept, the baby has puked and pooped on everything and you can't imagine why you wanted this so badly, remember how blessed you are to hold that child in your arms.

3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Explain.

Screaming is the one way I deal with my frustration, but I specifically wanted to scream today after I called my doctor's office to get the results of my bloodwork only to find that they haven't attempted to get those results.  And all of this came after they screwed up the bloodwork initially and I had to find a LabCorp in my region so that bloodwork could be retaken.

Is it any wonder I cried?

4. Can you hula hoop?

I think it is unfair that God has given me these hips and an inability to hula hoop.

5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?

Stare.  Seriously, people, I'm no looker so I know you aren't staring because I'm the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen.  And after 2 seconds, I start imagining I've grown the most horrifying zit man has ever seen or that my hair is sticking straight up.  Look at the road, please.

6. What do you do when people don't admit they're wrong?

It depends.  Sometimes I mouth and start feeling all self-righteous because OF COURSE they are wrong and I'm right.  Then there are times that I don't want someone to be mad at me so I will try to make it better even though I'm not wrong.  Weird, right?

7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'fun'?

Water.  I know it's probably bizarre, but I love most things water-related and I can't wait for warm weather and swimming :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Yesterday, a co-worker (a female so there's no weirdness) and I were discussing weight loss and I shared my weight loss frustration.  She responded, "Well you're a very attractive woman."  Her comment was so sincere and heartfelt and I was completely caught off guard.  But it made me feel so GOOD!

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about that blood work, I would have cried.
Great answers. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Joyce said...

I am with you on # 4. And water makes me happy too!