Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In God ALONE

A hundred different times today I had to remind myself that my hope comes from God alone (Psalm 62:5).  It was especially hard when the doctor's office called.  They reminded me that the blood work was really just preventative.

I found myself saying, "Preventative.  That really can't hurt anything can it?  I mean...it's not like I'm taking any real action."

Then there was that verse again--my hope comes from God alone

Not preventative blood work, Crys.

God.  Alone.

Honestly, I have nothing against this type of procedure or even with seeking medical advice.  I just know that God has told me to wait.  And that's difficult when I can justify the preventative blood work a hundred different ways.

Except, in this case, I'm called to obedience.  And, in this case, obedience means I'm not free to justify things that seem relatively innocuous.

And I'm really trying to be obedient.  Even if it means I'm done completely.

But that doesn't mean I'm not scared.  Or second guessing myself every other minute.  But I'm trying to learn steadfastness in what I know:  "Find rest my soul in God alone, my hope comes from Him."

No comments: