Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Prayer Monday 4/4


This has been an unusually liberating week for me.  After opening my heart about our loss, I feel free to be upset when I feel upset and happy when I feel happy.  I don't feel jealous or angry of others who are finding themselves in the situation I wish I were in.  Isn't that amazing?  I'm giving the glory to God, because the last year has indicated that this is nothing I am capable of doing on my own.  Trust me when I say that this is nothing I could accomplish on my own.

I'm confident that God will continue the good work He's started in my heart (Phil. 1:6).  There are still a lot of uncertainties in my life right now, but, for the first time in a while, I'm comfortable with the fact that it's in God's hands.  But let me also say I honestly believe God is going to honor my request.  I really do.

There was so much I got out of our women's Bible study this week.  The lessons were dense and each day spoke to a particular situation in my life.  I've been reminded over and over again that the Lord's faithfulness endures--even when my life is less than...um...happy?  Joyful?  Organized?  On schedule?

The sermon I listened to this morning shared that exact same sentiment.  And when it was over, I was able to be joyful for something that would've normally reduced me to tears.

God has been faithful to me.

Praises
1.  I just started paying more attention, and it appears as though my body is starting to do the things normal bodies do.  I eat well, and lose weight (like a normal human being).  I have hormone fluctuations (which I'm maybe not so grateful for when I'm moody).  I'm not starving.  I haven't been completely exhausted at the end of the day.

2.  The sermon this morning was just for me.  And I'm grateful to have heard it.

3.  My lil bro has found a church and seems to be finding his place in that church.

4.  Women's Bible study!

Prayer Requests
1.  Still asking for prayer for my body.

2.  My Favorite

3.  I have a couple of personal requests I don't think I should post on my blog.  One is for a friend of mine and one is a personal request for myself.

4.  My father will be having surgery on Friday.

5.  I will be seeing a new doctor on the 15th and I'm a bit apprehensive about this appointment.

Father,
I'm so grateful for your willingness to meet us where we are.  Your Love endures forever.  Thank you for your guidance, presence and comfort.  I just ask you touch the women who participate in this group.  I ask for Your touch on their lives.  I especially ask that you be with Tara this week.  Make Your presence known, Lord.  Give Kate and Amber traveling mercies and guide Sheena on her job endeavors.  Touch Casey as she finishes the semester and be with Armanda as she and her husband lead a group into a deeper relationship with You.

For those who simply lurk, I ask for an extra portion of Your blessing this week.  Draw those who do not know you into a personal relationship.

Amen.

Join Up, Ladies :)

1 comment:

Armanda said...

I hope everyone has a great week. Thank you for your time spent in prayer on my requests.