Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to Me?

Except I don't know who Josh and Tara are.  Pretty sure I'd prefer my name and Favorite's name on that necklace.  If you're interested in this for your significant other (or yourself...because I'm pretty sure I have 2 male readers besides my dad), click here.  I understand that the order needs to be placed before February 8th in order to make it in time for your holiday.

------

Needs Updates
SNOW!  Guh, guh, guh.
SNOW!  Guh, guh, guh.
SNOW!  Gunh, guh, guh.

And thus concludes my snow dance for the week.

-----

School Updates
Finally seeing some grading progress.  That makes me feel like less of a loser; however, many of my sophomores are freaking out because they are currently failing my class.  The combination of Shakespeare, the small number of points they have accrued to date and the fact that I still have two papers of theirs to grade have really affected grades in a big way.  Seems to me several of them are putting in less effort than they did last semester and that's just not gonna jive with Julius Caesar.  I think too many of them believed this play would be similar in nature to Romeo and Juliet.  Bless their hearts.  Sometimes  you just have to learn the hard way.

-----

Reading Updates!
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn--My current read and, so far, a really enjoyable book.

Ordinary People--Interesting, but a little on the boring side.  I think it's worth reading, but I wouldn't have big expectations for a moving piece of literature.

Never Let Me Go--Ishiguro is weird.  But he's I-have-to-know-what's-going-on-in-this-crazy-book weird.  So worth your time.

A Visit from the Goon Squad--Really good until you get to the horizontal parts of the book.  Seriously--you have to turn the book and read the charts to continue in the book.  And I was really enjoying it until I got to that point.  I'll have to get back to you.

Not sure what's next on the list, but I'm going to have to make time to watch Crimson Tide this week in anticipation of English II's next assignment.  Again, feel free to leave your comments or thoughts.

-----

And that updates us for this weekend.  I'll make an effort to tell you more interesting stories about Favorite and the recent deer fight later this week.

Or, since some of you are now saying, "Deer fight?"  I'll just tell you now.

Since I bought this car, I've gotten a new hood every single year.  The first year, a garbage truck hit me because he was going the wrong way in a one way.  The second year, I hit a deer on my way to Parent/Teacher conferences.  Last night, Favorite missed three deer but the fourth one nailed us.

Good news?  I'm probably not going to need a new hood.  Just a front fender.

And since Lil' Bro is fond of pointing it out--the only original parts on my car are the back bumper, the tailgate, and the back doors.  Pretty much everything else has been replaced due to these accidents.

But truthfully?  I'm just thankful we have insurance that covers instances like these.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute necklaces!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

No wonder the weather hasn't been going my way lately - I've been forgetting to do the snow dance!