Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

She's My Friend

This friday at Kelly's Korner, Kelly is hosting Show Us Your Life:  Show Us Your Singles.  Originally, I hesitated to be a part of the posting, because even though I have a great something to post, my friend can be a little on the shy side.  But since she posted about herself first (click here to see what she said), I felt I could do a little more justice to her description.

This is Kate:

I've known her and her beautiful smile for the last 12 years or so.  We met in junior college and became good friends when we started singing together a year or so later.

Kate has one of the most gorgeous voices I've ever heard.  On top of that, she loves all things music and listens to a collection of artists that would keep the most eclectic of people entertained (although, I believe her favorite is the soundtrack from the Big Chill--something about learning all the words when she was 3...).  She probably has one of the coolest music collections I've ever heard.  Plus, she performed in community theatre (musicals) at a community college until she was about 20 (and she was good!).  And I also feel the need to mention that when we go, she's a karaoke staple.

Kate loves pop culture.  She is a trivia guru and would whip my butt at Trivial Pursuit if I didn't get to team with my brothers.  She likes to read and while our tastes vary on that front, she's recently picked up a book that's been on my "to-read" list for the last year (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).  Don't be fooled by that title, though.  She loves chick-lit, most things funny and biographies in general.

Of course, her love of a good biography might come from the fact that she teaches junior high social studies.  She loves her kids and isn't just a teacher who punches the time card and then leaves.  She volunteers her time with concessions, Beta, Track and a hundred other organizations that I can't even keep straight in my head.

Kate loves resell shops and is a fun decorator.  She has a great eye and has put together some really fantastic rooms in her house.  She laughs at all my jokes (which makes her a perfect in my opinion) and is, in general, entertaining company.

Mostly, she loves Jesus.  Kate isn't about walking someone else's walk there.  She's forging her own relationship with her Savior.  She works in our church nursery (she loves kids) and regularly participates in our Women's Bible study (I should also mention her mother regularly participates and is a great person.  Kate has a fantastic family!).

If you're interested, feel free to contact me or contact Kate through her blog link above.
(I made her wear that crown.  It was my birthday.  I don't care that I was 30; everyone wears a crown on my birthday.  But isn't she cute?!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww she would make someone so happy. Everyone needs to learn a smile like hers! :)

Unknown said...

Hey,

I wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself. My name is Joe and I live in a suburb of Atlanta, GA. I would love to hear more about Kate and tell you about myself as well. Feel free to e-mail me at joe.blackwell75@gmail.com. Have a great day!

Joe