Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Post Number Two: Paranoid

I don't normally post twice in the same night.  Unfortunately, I have an unhealthy paranoia I need to talk about so maybe I can stop thinking about it.

I'm terrified I'm going to do something to severely damage my house.

I don't mean a couple of scratches in the floor or a dirty countertop.  I mean that when I read those reviews about the Orange Glow 4 in 1, I was terrified that I had done irreparable damage to my hardwood floors.  I cleaned them almost obessively today just to make sure they are ok AND I made Favorite compare the floors in one room to the floors in another room.  Thankfully, he said they looked the same.

We've also had a leak under the kitchen sink that just has me completely going nuts.  Water sat in the bottom of the cabinets for a couple of days, and while we did get it mopped up before it caused any permanent damage, I now have all of these horrible thoughts.  I'm terrified that water is leaking through the walls and underneath the cabinet.  I called my dad to freak out about it and he pointed out that water would be pouring into my basement if that were the case.  Good news; it's not. 

Does that stop me from going over to the cabinet and obsessively touching spots that were there from the previous leak just to check if they are damp?  Um...yeah.  No.

I can't help it.  I feel like I've been blessed with all of this great stuff and I'm somehow going to ruin it.  If you saw/experienced my trailer you would totally understand why I'm so paranoid.  I just want things to stay nice.  I want to take care of them.  I don't want to replace things in this house for the next 30 years.

So I'm going to try to calm down.  And I'm going to try to sleep.  And I'm going to try to refrain from calling my dad AGAIN so he can tell me that I'm freaking out over nothing.

No comments: