Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Go ahead. Be jealous.

Last night, I came home to my husband in the kitchen.  The man made me homemade French Onion Soup, Chicken Alfredo and garlic bread.

He brought me yellow roses.

He served me. 

And then we watched a movie on our enormous television (which arrived Tuesday.  Did I tell you about that?).  Barky laid on his bed in the living room (because I swear he likes it) and sometimes played with his new raccoon (stuffed...without the stuffing).

It wasn't a red carpet night.  But it was the first night it felt like we actually own this house.  It was the first night the kitchen felt like mine (even though I realized I needed to put another bar stool together because we can't both sit and eat).  I didn't feel like I was sitting on borrowed furniture.

It was awesome.

So I'm spending today cleaning and putting things in the awesome credenza.  I'm still a failure regarding the camera cord (or you would've gotten pictures of the roses, dinner and Barky laying in his bed), but I can show you an internet generated picture of this gorgeous piece of furniture:
Again, keep in mind that isn't my living room, but that's my credenza.  Isn't it beautiful?

I'll also be cleaning floors, doing laundry and putting things away...well, within reason.  We don't have all the closet organizers yet and my laundry room isn't put together yet, either.  I'm really looking forward to that aspect because it's going to change the entire look of the house.  I realize that sounds like a blanket statement, but it's going to house a dresser that will hold Chris' cold weather gear (and give him a junk drawer--but that's another story).  The laundry room will also have a place to hang clothes when they come directly out of the dryer which will make that room seem a whole lot more organized that it is now.  I'm looking forward to it.

But I better get crackin'.  Tonight is Branson night with Bro. and STBSIL (soon to be sister-in-law).

2 comments:

Armanda said...

I feel like I am going through some of the same things! Since we just moved into our new (to us) home. I totally relate to the junk drawer. Steve has to have one or he would put things in inappropriate places.

I enjoy reading about how your house is coming together :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy YOUR home!!! Your man sounds like a keeper! :)