Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

There's Sunshine Ahead

Aaaaannnnd we're back!

Sorry for the brief recess.  I'll remind you that Favorite is off on Friday and Saturday and Thursday was a holiday so I went on a little shopping trip with some of my girls.  That topic to be discussed later.

Number 17 on the Thirty Day Blog Challenge is "What is something you're really looking forward to?"

The answer is simple here:  MOVING!  I cannot wait until we can say good riddance to this trailer once and for all.

Some of you may be wondering, "What's so bad about trailer dwelling, Crystal?  I've lived in a trailer and it was all that awful."

To you, I stick my tongue out in disgust.

Just kidding (a little).  I've mentioned on more than one occasion that our trailer wasn't new when we purchased it and it came with it's own fair share of baggage.  Previously, I told you that the ceiling doesn't leak but the walls do.  The doors don't shut.  And the floor has basically collapsed underneath part of the office due to a leaky pipe that wasn't found for quite some time.

Yet the pièce de résistance is the oven.

I am probably one of the only homeowners who is lucky enough to have the opportunity to turn my oven into a crematorium.

Before you freak out, Barky is still alive.

So is Favorite (for now).

So what did I cremate?

The residential mice.  En masse, it would seem.

Note to you:  Cremating things is a nasty smelling business.

Needless to say, I CANNOT WAIT to move into my new house.  And I am currently refusing to use the oven in the trailer.

So we should pray that my painter shows up again on Monday, because without him, the process is severely delayed.

And he's probably never had to roast a chicken in the microwave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww you must be so excited! To live somewhere new and make it your new home. Hope it all goes okay!!!