Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Beginning of the Trailer Crash

I don't normally post twice in the same night, but it turns out I have some time on my hands.

I purposefully left everything at school because I was devoting my evening to laundry and general clean up around the trailer.  House stuff has left us a bit on the messy side in our current dwelling.  Unfortunately, that clean-up (minus a minor pick-up) won't be happening tonight.

For the last year or two, Favorite and I have had to use a screwdriver to turn the hot water on in our shower.  It's just one of the joys of living in a trailer.  It wasn't a big deal, and the screwdriver worked plenty well...until this week.

This week, we realized the screw was starting to strip.  Bad news.  I told Chris, "You're probably going to have to change that screw before we move, because I don't think it's going to last until December."  Who knew how prophetic my statement would be.

When I came home from work today, there was no water to my trailer.  Why, you ask?  Because Fave couldn't get the hot water to turn off in the shower.  The screw is officially stripped.  Joy of joys.

Unfortunately, he didn't have time to fix it.  So here I am, with little to do that doesn't require water.

I would never survive outside of civilization.

Unless you don't count a trailer as civilization.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

baaaahahahahahahaha!

it won't be long, friend. hang in there.