Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Visit to Mabel's House

I don't normally link up to blogs of people I don't know, but I'm going to make an exception.  I have been following Liz over at Mabel's House for a while now, and I really enjoy her short, to the point posts.  I think she is an interesting person, and, based on what I've read, I think she's the type of person I'd want to be friend with in real life.  (She would run screaming from me because I make a horrible first impression...but that's something we'll have to discuss some other time.  Or, if you recall our first meeting, you probably don't need me to discuss anything because you are totally nodding your head in agreement).

Anyway, go read Liz's thoughts here.

I like what she has to say, and I agree that there has to be some balance in life.  It can't all be me, me, me.  And if anything should remind me of that, it would be the regular goings-on of high school life.  Unfortunately, it occurs to me that I have lately been very me, me, me.

Not purposefully, mind you.  I just don't know what to do with myself in a lot of instances.  And while I have no intention of becoming ego focused, it appears that I have spent much of my personal time attempting to deal with feelings I don't even want to have (much less deal with).

So I'm making it my goal to find something to do for someone else this week.  I don't know what that something else will be, and I have no idea who will be the beneficiary.  But maybe it'll refocus my attention...and I can get some rest.

No comments: