Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Mess

A mess of thoughts:

1.  Appreciate your local concession stand.  As Junior head dean, I am responsible for making sure our football concession stand is open and running.  Since I've been working this post, I can't help but marvel at the rudeness of people in the community.  Please realize that just because a student doesn't look developmentally disabled doesn't mean that student doesn't have significant learning disabilities.  Those same students do not benefit from nasty comments about an inability to make change.  Those nasty comments also ignore the fact that this student signed up and showed up to work--a feat many of his/her classmates did not/could not accomplish.

2.  Sometimes I think I assign more work than I am capable of grading without losing my sanity.  Currently, I am working through a mass of research papers and the thought of grading any more makes me want to cringe.

3.  Insulation is going in the house starting tomorrow.

4.  I fear I'm losing my creative ability regarding lesson plans.  I don't want to be "blah" in the classroom.  I don't feel like I constantly have to entertain, but I do like having options when it comes to sharing material.

5.  I haven't scheduled an observation with my Principal yet.  I've done this a few years in a row now, but I get just as nervous as I did for the first one.

6.  I need to clean my kitchen and will probably get started on that as soon as I'm done here.

7.  We actually have grass growing in front of the new house.  Amazing.

8.  I miss Alex.  Weird how attached you get to some parts of your life.

9.  I need an adult size poodle skirt.  Know where I can get something like that?

10.  Homecoming is next week.  Next week will be CRAZY in my classroom.  But I still get a little excited about the event, and I'm even more excited about the prospect of cooler weather.

11.  I'm learning to get purposeful about praying.  I'm not good at it, but I'm trying.

No comments: