Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Heart of Art

I love artists who are able to capture the deepest recesses of the heart and turn it into a tangible experience for the masses. And when you find those people, I think it is absolutely imperative that you share their work.

Nichole Nordeman's songwriting has always struck me in that way.  Sometimes I feel like she was able to say something that I've been struggling to feel or understand for ages.

There are painters--like Klimt or Degas--who are able to take a dream and make it a reality without losing the dream-like quality.

And now, there are Jeremy and Erin Plemon.  The video below didn't just have me in tears.  I nodded my head through the entire thing because I completely get it.  And it's nice when someone is able to put your heart into words.

Congratulations, Plemon family.  Play on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

A) I love this with all of my being. I think I've watched it at least four times since they posted it last night.

B) I like your new blog colors!

c) I miss you! So glad I will see you tomorrow! Feels like I haven't seen you in forever! (And yes, I am aware that I am using too many exclamations! That's how serious I am about this!)