Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On my way to where the air is sweet...

Today's house update is brought to you by the letters Y, E, A and H.


Last week, the contractor and crew were bookin' it.  It didn't take them any time to get the outside framed up.

This is the front of the house.

And it's an amazing sight to see from the road when I drive home.




This was the interior just a few days ago.

Technically, I was standing in my kitchen and giving you a view of the kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom.

What?  What do you mean you can't see them?

Ha.  Just kidding.  I was having a hard time with the layout, too...much to Favorite's chagrin.

Yep, ladies and gents, this is where another conversation regarding the size of this dwelling ensued.  Don't get excited.  It ended the same way it has ended since we started this endeavor.

But it got increasingly less difficult this week when they finished framing all the rooms. 

Again, I'm standing in my kitchen.

What do you mean it doesn't look like a kitchen?  What about saw horses doesn't scream kitchen?

You can see through the kitchen to a bedroom, a bathroom and another bedroom.

I would love to give you several shots of the inside, but I think the interior framing makes the pictures a little on the confusing side.  So, for your benefit, I'll wait until you can actually tell what it is you are supposed to appreciate.

But tell me that's not a view.

That would be the big bay window on the front of the house.

It would also be my favorite part of the house so far.

On a side note, I haven't been allowed to move in yet.  Chris keeps saying something about the necessity of roofing, but they did put trusses on today, so I'm halfway there.

He's going to have to drag me out of there in my sleeping bag after next week.  I can almost guarantee it.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a view Crystal! Beautiful! Congrats on the progress towards a new sleeping headquarters! :)

Sarah Wellmeier Photography said...

So happy for you!!!! I can't wait to see it:)