Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Following Christ and Not Smelling Like A Foot

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers" (Galatians 6:9-10).

These verses have always been my favorite.  I truly believe that God has called us to remain faithful--to share our lives and encourage others in the family of believers (and otherwise).  Are we always successful?  Girl, please.  Faith is rough.  That's why we need the encouragement of others so badly.

This morning, I was encouraged.

I love women's ministry.  I have been involved in it for the past few years, and there is nothing I like better than meeting with a group of women to study scripture.  My women understand that none of us are perfect.  They "get" this thing called grace.  And I find encouragement with them.

Our new director has decided we are going to call ourselves "The Apron Society" and our purpose is to serve.

My heart is moved by that.  I think the purpose of the church is to move outside the walls and serve the community in which it resides.  Because I teach high school, I believe in the phrase "They won't care to know until they know you care."  Basically, I believe we are called to live our faith in front of people--not to showboat, but to give credit to Christ Jesus.

To whoever reads my blog:  I am an angry, bitter, jealous, hateful person.  I was a born sinner in every way.  Left to my own devices, I would likely condemn people--in spite of the things in my past.  Anything that is good in me has been due to the grace of Jesus Christ.  I am thankful that there is NO condemnation for me (or for you) IN Christ Jesus.  We are free--and those whom Christ has set free are FREE INDEED.  I am not in bondage to my past--to my sinful self.  Will you see perfection lived out in me?  I doubt it.  But I refuse to live in fear or as a slave to sin.  I choose to remember to fear not, because he has redeemed me and I am His.

If you don't know Him, I pray He draws your heart.  I pray that, for everyone who reads this blog, God would speak to you on an individual level.  He can and will meet you where you are.  He did that for me.
_________________________________________________________________

The rest of my day was enjoyable.  I went to Cape with my mom and Gloria.  We went to our new favorite store.  I didn't buy anything of Vera's (although there's a new style I LOVE), but I did come home with something I stared at the last time we visited:
I've said over and over that I am a girly girl...much to my amazement.  But when it comes to jewelry, I just don't wear a lot.  I like to have different necklaces, etc., but I generally wear the same pair of earrings (my favorites) and the same two bracelets.  That is, until today.  This is a larkspur bracelet--and that's the official flower for July (which is my birth month).  I thought it was gorgeous, and I'll bet you see it become a regular part of my wardrobe.

I also had to get more of this:
Instead of the Sweet Pear, I decided to try something else.  Have I mentioned that my house no longer smells like a foot?  It's true.  That's my official plug for a product.  YOU NEED A LAMPE BERGER!  GET ONE TODAY!  THEY ARE AMAZING!  (That company should totally pay me royalties).

In other news, I am continuing my PCOS diet, and my doctor has prescribed an insulin sensitizing medicine to help.  Despite the rigorous perameters of the diet, I hadn't lost any weight.  I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and still didn't see any results.  Three days with the added treatment?  Four pounds down. 

Please don't think I'm sharing this information simply to receive praise, or even because I'm addicted to TMI.  I'm simply sharing in case there are other women who are struggling with the syndrome.  I want you to know that you are not alone, and there are treatments.  Feel freet to contact me if you have any questions--about PCOS or Jesus.  I'll talk about either ;) 

Actually, I'll probably talk about both if you contact me.  After all, God's grace has sustained me through this part of my life.

No comments: