Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another piece of the puzzle

In case you haven't noticed, I am not a professional photographer.  I take pictures with a point and shoot digital camera and those pictures are for my enjoyment.  I don't fancy myself a photographer.  Appreciate accordingly :)

It's surreal to talk about something, dream about it, plan for it, and practically taste it, and then see it come to fruition.

Later this week, I'll try to get a picture from the road.  It's really exciting to see cars slow down and strain to see the structure that is very quickly becoming our home.

This week, the contractors put the windows and (back) doors in.  Again, I'll reiterate the fact that I love the windows.  When my parents came out to see the progress, my mom said, "Were you afraid you wouldn't like them?"  Well, actually, yes. Yes, I was.  Favorite is terrified we're going to spend too much money and I'm terrified I will pick something we won't like. 

Ah.  The fears of building a home.

Mom was thrilled that I decided I liked the windows, though.  So much so, she decided to do a bit of modeling:
Nothing like having family who may be more excited about the project than you are :)

It's just so neat to see the house come together bit by bit.
First it was decking, then framing, then roofing and now windows.  This is the back of the house, and the french doors on the end lead to my bedroom (and Favorite's).  I'll share the bedroom with him, but I'm really  not sure what he's going to do for a closet.  The one in the master bedroom is mine ;)

My porch :)  I can already see myself spending a lot of time out here.  It is possible for a prayer closet to have a view of the great outdoors, right?

Now Favorite and I have the task of finding bathtubs.  We should've jumped the gun on this adventure, but we didn't think about it.  It's going to be a good time fitting these things through a too-small doorway.  Welcome to construction.

What?

Oh, why is Favorite standing in the tub?

Well, his shoulders are rather large, you see.  Before the purchase, we have to determine whether or not it's going to be a good fit.

I'd say based on his serious "model" face, this one's a keeper.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray
with joy because of your partnership
in the gospel from the first day until now,
being confident of this, that he who
began a good work in you will carry it on to
completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 1:4-6

No comments: