Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

And all this is for You...for Your glory and Your fame...

About a week ago, my friend Courtney and her family began asking questions about the oil spill in the gulf and what they could do as part of a relief effort.

Now, they are planning a trip to a specific area in Alabama and are hard at work fundraising for the trip.  It is their hope to buy from the local merchants in order to boost the local economy.  For more information, go here.

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as
Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
--Ephesians 5:1-2

------------------------------------------

A few people have asked for a house update.  I've tried to keep up with pictures, but I haven't been as faithful about posting them on here.  But, without further adieu, the newest house installment.

Ok, you'll have to forgive this photo.  I keep forgetting to tell the contractor that I have a blog to run, and would he mind not parking large pieces of equipment in front of the house as it impedes the picture-taking process.

Sadly, my inability to remember this slight detail leads to images like this.  But this is, in fact the front of the house.
This is the front of the garage.

Have I mentioned I'm pumped to have a garage?  I have NEVER gotten to park my vehicle in a garage.  EVER.

I won't know how to act when I'm driving down the road with a clear windshield instead of a hole the size of my hand scraped out in the frost.

Stop freaking out.  It's not that dangerous.

Ok...maybe it was.  But I really needed to focus on my hair those mornings. 

Anyway...

This would be my living room/kitchen/dining room area.  That big hole would be the space where the french doors are going to go.

HOLLA!

The dirt outside of the hole will eventually be the world's largest deck, but we've got a while before that particular dream comes true.

I'm really more concerned about getting the inside finished, first.

This picture and the previous picture are of the same wall.  This one is just a little farther down.

Through the wall, you can see my bedroom and the french doors that will be in there.

I also love this double window.  Actually, I just love windows.  I love the prospect of lots of natural light in the house.
I guess that's why I love this big window so much.

I know I've shown you pictures of it before, but it's easily going to be my favorite part of the house.  Not only do we have a great view outside, it makes for a fantastic look inside.

I can already see bookshelves and a couple of chairs in this room.  If I can get plenty to read, I may never leave my house again.

Thankfully, though, we're seeing a lot of progress from day to day.  The roof is almost entirely decked.  They will start on the tar paper and shingles this week.  In a few weeks, the outside will be done and our part will start.  Yikes!

------------------------------

Tonight, I met with my prayer group women for the second time.

And yet again, God showed up. 

I shouldn't be surprised.  After all, our devotional is all about praying God's word.

My new prayer? 

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all the generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!"
  --Ephesians 3:20-21  (The Message)
 
If you are a praying person, please pray this scripture in my life for this season.  I realize I am so blessed, but that doesn't keep me from struggling through particular circumstances. 

Tonight, I was especially blessed by a prayer from one of the women.  She acknowledged that God has often tried to draw her closer and she has sometimes refused him.  Then, she openly thanked Him for not giving up on her.
 
Later, as we sat through communion at church, that's all I could think about. 
 
Thank you, Lord for not giving up on me. 
 
"I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.
That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic."
--Psalm 27:4-5 (The Message)

No comments: