Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

You don't need to squint, there is no house.

In the name of keeping everyone up to date, I thought I would show you the stages my land has gone through in the last week or so.

So this is what the land looked like before we ever did anything to it.
To your left is the view from what will be my front porch.



This would be the view if you were staring at the front of my house.







And this is what it would look like as you are driving over to my house.








Now...let's see if I can manage to show you what it looked like before the basement was finished.  I haven't taken basement pictures yet, but I have a couple of days because they aren't pouring concrete until Wednesday.  I will say that I really like the concrete guys because they don't mess around.  Everyone else may take their sweet time to make things happen, but not these guys.  The only reason they weren't out on Monday was because of two rain days last week.  But they have informed the dirt work guy and the contractor that things need to be good to go by Wednesday.  I understand things go very quickly at this point.  I'm not a believer.

Ok...so this is kinda part of the drive over to the new house location.  My garage is actually going to be on the left side of that tree line...oh, and that's hubby's thumb.  Everyone wave :)




This is the view from my front porch after dirtwork.  We don't get to keep the dozer.  Apparently, it doesn't matter if the guy showed up two and half months late, we can't keep equipment to make up for the time loss.  Chris was extremely disappointed.  (I should also tell you that he thoroughly checked the thing for keys after the guy moved it in.  I had visions of a dozer in the pond and trying to explain how that happened.  Thank the Lord the guy was smart enough to take the keys with him.  I think he's met men like my husband...)


If you were staring at my house, this is what you would see.  Well, hopefully, you would actually see a house, but this is a process and I can't have things instantaneously.  Unfortunately.  Which usually means I whine. 

Actually, I haven't really whined about any of this stuff (except when that guy took 2 1/2 months to get here), but it is a lot more stressful than I would've imagined. 

Don't believe me?  Go buy windows.  When they read you the final total, see if you don't hyperventilate.  And we didn't even order the most expensive ones on the market.  Actually, my choices were rather reasonable...and I feel the need to point this out because right after I picked out the windows, I found a beautiful interior door.  I showed it to Chris and the sales guy said, "Yeah, isn't that gorgeous?  That's the most expensive door in the building."  Stupid sales guy.  But I guess my tastes have remained consistent.

Next on the list:  I get to pick out siding, roofing and accents for the outside of the house.  I already have my heart set on a dark gray siding with a dark gray roof.  And Chris and I have picked a front door.  Check it out:
Isn't is wonderful?  I've always wanted a red front door.  And I think it'll pop nicely against the dark gray siding.


Well, stay tuned for tales about plumbing, footings and basement pouring.  I'm not really sure how that's going to go, and it has us a little nervous.  I have been told that after the basement is poured, everything will go very quickly from there.  We'll see. 

No comments: