Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let's Live It Up

I've realized that there are a great number of people who aren't sad to see 2009 come to an end. I'm a party to this particular feeling. This year has (seemingly) brought nothing but bad announcements, rough relationships, horrible emotions, medical hardships, delayed excitements and miles and miles of tediousness. Good riddance!

Hello 2010, and a hearty welcome to the things that I'd like to see happen this year:

1. I'd like to meet my house in real life instead of on a piece of paper. Everyone keeps telling me that it's gonna happen, and apparently signing loan documents makes it a little more official. I just can't tell you how excited I'll be to burn the ever loving garbage out of this trailer.

2. I'd like to establish some sort of regular exercise routine. I told Chris that I realized this year I was setting really unrealistic weight loss goals for myself. Seriously--when am I ever going to weigh 115 lbs again? I have to face the fact that if my chest weighs 50 lbs alone, I wasn't leaving much room for things like, well, arms and legs (And think about hair weight...Curly hair takes a lot of product. You know what I'm talking about). That said, I am no longer interested in being a certain size--to a degree. I want clothes to look a certain way, and I want my body to function at its best. Weight loss would probably help those things; however, regular exercise has more proven benefits so that's what I'm going to work on.

3. I want to up the reading ante. I don't know how many books I read last year, but I'd like to keep better track of the ones I do read. Maybe I can post reviews of what I've read for the benefit of my three blog readers (cause it's not like I'm going to regularly recommend those things in person, right?!). Speaking of: The Nanny Returns and Pretty in Plaid--Totally worth the purchase, and well worth reading. And yes, I have already read two books. Books are nicer than people :)

4. I want to spend more time writing. I miss it. In 2009, I actually stopped writing my thoughts because I eventually lost the capability to work through those thoughts. It wasn't a good place. It was actually a pretty scary place, and while I don't believe I'll be able to write everything and work through everything, anything is a start.

5. I want to try new things. I'm not brave in the least, but I want to be. 2009 did nothing but heighten my fear of just about everything, and I don't want those things to hold me back. It's time to move on. So new restaurants? I'm there. Getting out of the house to hike where mountain lions were recently spotted? Um...I'll get back to you. Shopping in St. Louis? Count me in! With this lack of fear is coming a new found confidence, though. That, unfortunately, means that I am less likely to gloss over things that need to be brought to the forefront. So, your question about why I seem to be avoiding you? Yeah--you might want to avoid that line of questioning.

6. I'd like to spend less time thinking about the effort relationships require and more time enjoying those relationships. Turns out constant analysis can make anything suck--from cheesecake to Jesus.


So there we go...the start of my high hopes for 2010. It's already had a great beginning with a fantastic round of karaoke, a reconnection with an old friend and the most beautiful pair of boots on sale (Shut up. I can have as many pairs as I want).

Now I just have to wait for my Bender ball...

No comments: